Huwebes, Agosto 1, 2013

Would you take the same career that Steve Jobs took? Why or Why not?

To Steve or not to Steve

If I were to make a decision whether to follow the same career path of Steve Jobs, yes I would love to, but on the other hand I will make changes on dealing with the employers of the company, rather than scolding at them, I will choose to talk to them in private and tell them what I want to be improve, Steve Jobs is a good technopreneur. That is his tasks. But I just don’t like the way he treat the people around.

I admire Steve Jobs as a technopreneur he made a great legacy in the modern era, however I don’t like Steve Jobs as a person, being a technopreneur is a risky task, but my life doesn’t end being a technopreneur alone, what I mean Is I love to see my family happy, be with them, create great moments with them, I won’t neglect them just for a job. They’re worth is more than anything else here on earth. Acquiring possessions without them would still be meaningless, they play a vital role in my life, and they serve as the main reason why I’m working anyways. Life is a great puzzle, we can’t see the entire picture, and we must build it bit by bit, thus; my family is what composed the picture I am trying to create. That’s why they are really important than my career. I speak for myself, and myself speak of my family, nothing else comes more important other than them.

So much for that, so why did I choose to take the same path Steve Jobs had made, I want the same career as Steve Jobs, that is what my heart says I should, maybe I am not a person whose a Genius in formulating ideas, but I believe I’ll have what it takes to be one, to be a technopreneur, technical skills may be acquired over time, but the character/attitude of the person is built by day to day experience that is why it is more essential than having the skills, the equation would be Character > Skills.

I know that the road that I will be crossing will be a hard, but I strongly believe if others were able to survive and pursue their dreams, so what could be the thing that will hinder me? Recreating the world without forgetting the tradition is a Good thing, I hope that just like Steve Jobs, I too will have a Global Recognition towards my work, in order to promote better society with the devices/products I am rendering the world.

People can neither be lesser or greater to others, if we think this way we will surely struggle and find it hard to help ourselves, we should not stop believing that learning is sealed inside the four corners of a classroom but learning is everywhere, from the moment we wake up, until the last moment we set out eyes to sleep, if we really want something (skills of a technopreneur) we should put it into practice, make it our lifestyle and who knows someday, we’ll have the same abilities Mr. Steve Jobs possesses.

I am just a plain student who’s ambitious but contented, if God will allow that my fate will be the same with Steve, I would be glad and be happy with it. I will do my best to provide the needs of the company that I am managing.

We may have not the same thinking like Steve, but maybe In a different approach I’ll be able to gain recognition towards the globe. It’s not because somebody is genius therefore he is recognized around the Globe, Steve Jobs didn’t program the applications in the apples, not even in the firmware, the hardware nor the software, he is just a manager of the project, see? It is not always the Genius that counts but the legacy that was made through the actions you’ve made. If Steve just thought before of revolutionizing the world, I too wanted to implement my visions. Everything starts in our thoughts, if we think we can change the world, we should make the necessary steps, it may be slow but make sure it is consistent.  

Steve Jobs did his part, now it’s our turn. The future generations should not be deprived by the rights that they were able to enjoy, we all have the freedom to become what we choose to become.

Managing a company may not be easy, but building the right character will help us get there, these are the certain things that I see as a potential factor to acquire a successful project:

Universality, in order for it to hit the market, the proposal should have the universality or uniformity amongst different races, it is what is the needs of the many disregarding what race, culture and tradition a person belongs into, this is important because it allows you to gain access to different people, targeting a larger group of individual rather than a niche marketing method.

Efficiency, the proposed product/device must be effective, what is the use of the device when it does nothing good after all? Each were created to serve a specific purpose, and you should be able to distinguish the needs of the many, therefore offering a solution to the problem, this will make their life easier.

Uniqueness, it is better to offer something to the public which is new to the common norms, giving the people the taste of excitement, the uniqueness of your idea will bring innovation into a whole new level, the uniqueness of an object makes it more attractive and appealing, this is the main reason why Apple became famous, their products are unique that they are not usually set in a typical setting of a common device, this is what makes something special and competitive.

These were the criteria that came up to my mind while planning on how to propose my own ideas if ever in the future I’ll become a technopreneur. If ever I will fail at any point, I won’t regret, I will rise up and stand again just like Steve Jobs, we may not be successful at the first try, but we just have to keep on pushing, we’ll never know unless we try, and we’ll rip nothing when we don’t risk something at all.


2 komento:

  1. hahaha ako dili ko ui....dili ko parehas ky Steve Jobs....

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. HAHAHA! to steve or not to steve? HEHE. Steve lang gd. :D

      Burahin